Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tasting - "Yellow Tail Shiraz"



  • Name: Yellow Tail Shiraz
  • Variety: Shiraz
  • Region: South Eastern Australia
  • Country: Australia
  • Year: 2012
  • Price: $7.99
  • Winemaker's Notes: Aroma: Crushed red berries, sweet spice and cedary notes. Flavour: Deep and dark in the palate, this Shiraz offers classic red berry fruit, Christmas cake spices, dried figs and a long, juicy finish. Serve with herb crusted leg of lamb, medium rare, and a handful of oven baked potato wedges.
  • My Review: I got a lot of plums and red berries on the nose. But the entire flavor changes once you take a big gulp of this one. I get a moderate amount of tannins, but a much more define leather taste with spices, and a lingering aftertaste of weird chocolate, maybe like a nut covered chocolate. I have had this bottle opened for a while, and it has been changing on me a lot since I opened it. At first it was moderate, the second time it was straight out terrible (and I kind of gave it to my roommate), the third time was a little more like the first, buy this last one (the one in the review) has been so different, with more accentuated and enjoyable flavors. I think I'm going to finish this bottle before the ending of this set of wine reviews.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment