Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting - "Concannon Glen Ellen Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon"



  • Name: Concannon Glen Ellen Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
  • Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
  • Region: California
  • Country: United States
  • Year: 2010
  • Price: $5.99
  • Winemaker's Notes: Our Cabernet Sauvignon is a medium-bodied wine with juicy flavors of berry and black cherry and soft tannins for a rich finish. Pair with red meats, game and red-sauced pastas.
  • My Review: On the nose, I got a strong smell of black cherry. On the taste I got strong tannins accompanied with strong flavors of leather and dirt, but with a smooth, well-balanced finish with absolutely no heat and no acidity. No outstanding aftertastes from this wine. I felt like this Cabernet was average compared to some others I have tried (mainly from Chile's Concha y Toro).
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment