Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tasting - "Torre Castillo Alegre"


  • Name: Torre Castillo Alegre
  • Variety: Monastrell
  • Region: Jumilla
  • Country: Spain
  • Year: 2010
  • Price: $9.95
  • Critic Review: 4 months in new American oak barrels. Bright ruby-red. Dried cherry, pipe tobacco and rose aromas, with a hint of woodsmoke. Sweet and fleshy on the palate, with blackberry and cherry flavors complimented by licorice and a suggestion of dried herbs. The cherry and smoke notes repeat on the finish.
  • My Review: Slightly strong smells came trough with this one, after reading the description, I could see the tobacco in it. On the palate it tasted a little strong with a slightly dry complexity to it. I sensed some dark berries and a faint cinnamon taste to it. I am not so sure I like this type too much, I will have to try out more of these to see if I truly like it or not.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment