Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tasting - "Lindeman's Bin 99 Pinot Noir"


  • Name: Lindeman's Bin 99 Pinot Noir
  • Variety: Pinot Noir
  • Region: South Eastern Australia
  • Country: Australia
  • Year: 2012
  • Price: $6.49
  • Winemaker's Notes: Nose: A complex nose with cherry and strawberry highlight. Palate: Medium bodied, soft and elegant. Fresh red berry flavours develop savoury, game characters. The finish is balanced with cleansing acidity.
  • My Review: When I smelled this wine, I got a lot of heat coming through (maybe with some spice in there), but once I got past that strong alcohol smell, I got a sense of raspberries and cherries. On the mouth it felt quite watery and diluted, but as I washed it in my mouth, I started getting a lot more tannins all around. After I got over the tannins, I get a sense of more tastes, like an earthy note to it. I also get a slight sense of barnyardness to it on the back. The finish was quite smooth, and nowhere in the tasting did I get the strong heat from the nose, absolutely no heat. This was my first Pinot Noir, so I'm not sure if others are different, but I didn't really like it all that much, I would rather stay with my good friend Cabernet Sauvignon.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment