Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting - "Lindeman's Bin 65 Chardonnay"


  • Name: Lindeman's Bin 65 Chardonnay
  • Variety: Chardonnay
  • Region: South Eastern Australia
  • Country: Australia
  • Year: 2012
  • Price: $6.99
  • Winemaker's Notes: Nose: The nose shows orchard fruit aromas of white peach and red apple. Stone fruit notes and hints of integrated spicy oak play a supportive role. Palate: A delightful light to medium bodied Chardonnay with excellent varietal flavours of melon and white peach. The palate is soft and smooth with gentle oak influence and cleansing acidity, creating a crisp yet lengthy finish.
  • My Review: On the nose, I smelled something that can best be described by me as asparagus, but not quite there, with hints of some fruits. The taste came very buttery with a strong melon taste, with a smooth finish, but with too much acidity as an after taste for my liking. I didn't like this wine seeing as I don't like melons, but I could see that someone who does like them might be able to enjoy this wine.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment