Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tasting - "Yellow Tail Sweet Red Roo"


  • Name: Yellow Tail Sweet Red Roo
  • Variety: Blend
  • Region: South Eastern Australia
  • Country: Australia
  • Year: 2010
  • Price: $6.99
  • Winemaker's Notes: Sweet Red Roo is an easy drinking red wine, with a delicate sweet inside. This is our most versatile wine - enjoy over ice, in a wine [tail], or all by itself. Discover all the sweet possibilities! Aroma: Berries, vanilla and chocolate. Flavour: The blend is Shiraz-based with a mixed blend of other red varietals.
  • My Review: Upon smelling this wine, I sensed a strong smell of raisins and plum. The taste was a sweet earthy berries, with a chocolaty finish. I was expecting the wine to be a lot sweeter than what it actually was, but it was still sweet-tasting. I can't say I liked it enough to have it again, I wouldn't particularly recommend this wine to anyone, unless they really like sweet wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment