Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tasting - "Taylor Tawny Port"



  • Name: Taylor Tawny Port
  • Variety: Blend
  • Region: New York
  • Country: United States
  • Year: No year on bottle, maybe 2011?
  • Price: $5.99
  • Winemaker's Notes: Taylor Tawny Port, with its smooth caramel flavor and nutty aroma, is perfect as a cocktail or an after dinner drink. This tawny colored, medium bodied port is delightful and rich in flavor. Serve at room temperature.
  • My Review: My first impression of this wine was the color, it has a very particular relatively pale color to it that makes me think of liquid caramel to an extent. The nose is very potent, as I can sense the alcohol content, but in the mix, I can sense a mix of caramel and nuts. Its mid-palate is very sweet, with more caramel coming in, but not as much nuttiness to it. The finish is different, as there is a lot of heat that comes in, but the nuttiness comes back stronger here. It is a very delightful dessert drink, that could go well after a big, filling dinner. I can see myself possibly buying more of this wine, as it is a great way to finish a meal.
  • 1 comment: